Saturday, January 9, 2010

The phone rings. What to do?

It is strange how the minute, the exact minute that a person sits down to write, the phone rings. I mean, my fingers were suspended over the keys. But I answered it because it was one of my writing buddies, but according to all the writing gurus I should have ignored that call. But then, I live on my own, am I entitled to a little leeway on this particular rule?
Anyhoo, all through the call, I was a little bit freaked that I would lose my writing mojo. I didn't. Hurray! But it definitely got diluted. Booo!! I didn' t write for as long as I thought I would, but I did achieve my aim which was to tidy up the additions to the trunked story. I'm still thinking about the ending. Whether it needs a bit of a bump or whether it's good to go. Will think more tomorrow. Still haven't thought of a good name for my flash. Damn, damn, have to send it off on Monday. Hopefully I'll dream one up tonight, literally. I shall go to bed and think of it incessantly until I sleep. There, obsession or what?

No comments: