
A so-so kind of a day today. I did my morning headquarters so felt a bit better having that done. Didn’t get up that early but still felt in charge of the day given that I had it all to myself. I don’t consider it too much of a sin because I was up till half four finishing a book I was reading. All part of the process.
Writing wise, mixed results. I dreamed up the first three potential opening scenes (oh, how many times will I come up with new opening scenes?) However, this angle feels right, whether or not these particular scenes and these particular words stick.) They transferred to the page, okish, very first draftish, well the first one did, the second, meh, and the third, well, I know where I’m going with it, but no, it’s not done.
My head is very scattered today. The roads are horrible with compacted ice and was awaiting word as to whether or not work is reopening. It is. Spent some part of evening on phone with colleagues ranting and worrying. It did fairly put a dent on my writing mojo. Note to self. Try to protect writing mojo.
I have written my goodbye post for my old blog. I’ve been thinking about deleting it for a while now, a couple of months and I’ve finally talked myself into the position where it doesn’t just feel right, it feels good. Like a weight of my shoulders. Writing, for me, is not a team sport.
Had a quick look at my trunked story, wrote some more into it. It’s coming out nice. Will go at it again tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment